- Registry Certification Eligibility Changes Effective January 1, 2021 - Tue 01, Dec 2020
On January 1, 2021 the eligibility requirements for ABMDI registry certification will be updated. The experience requirements will change from 640 hours of experience to a point based system, which will require a total of "640 points". The attac...
- IAC&ME Position Statement on Medicolegal Death Investigator Certification - Tue 27, Oct 2020
Attached is the position statement from the International Association of Coroners and Medical Examiners on "Medicolegal Death Investigators and Coroners Should Be Certified by Accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies".
- CDC COVID-19 Resources - Wed 15, Apr 2020
*Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19) https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf
*Collection and Submission of Postmortem Specimens from Deceased Persons with Known or Suspected COVID-19 https://...
- COVID-19 Resources - Mon 13, Apr 2020
This is a trying time for all of us as we face new obstacles everyday in this pandemic. The ABMDI will remain open and is available to answer questions in regard to certification and recertification at this time. Please feel free to contact the of...
- National Institute of Justice Report to Congress for the U.S. Department of Justice Needs Assessment of Forensic Laboratories and Medical Examiner/Coroner Offices - Mon 06, Jan 2020