- ABMDI Certification Changes Effective July 1, 2022 - Wed 01, Jun 2022
As of July 1, 2022 the following changes are being made to the ABMDI Policy and Procedures.
Employment requirement wording edited.
XVI.2.c Applicants shall currently be employed by a medical examiner/coroner jurisdiction or equivalent federa...
- Office of Justice Programs (OJP) / Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Federal Interagency Medicolegal Death Investigation Working Group (MDI-WG) Resource Page - Fri 30, Jul 2021
The link for the page is below:
This is a great reference for MDI funding opportunities and general federal information for the field.
- Registry Certification Eligibility Changes Effective January 1, 2021 - Tue 01, Dec 2020
On January 1, 2021 the eligibility requirements for ABMDI registry certification will be updated. The experience requirements will change from 640 hours of experience to a point based system, which will require a total of "640 points". The attac...
- IAC&ME Position Statement on Medicolegal Death Investigator Certification - Tue 27, Oct 2020
Attached is the position statement from the International Association of Coroners and Medical Examiners on "Medicolegal Death Investigators and Coroners Should Be Certified by Accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies".
- CDC COVID-19 Resources - Wed 15, Apr 2020
*Guidance for Certifying Deaths Due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19) https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf
*Collection and Submission of Postmortem Specimens from Deceased Persons with Known or Suspected COVID-19 https://...