Continuing Education Opportunities
The ABMDI accepts continuing education that is approved by the American Medical Association, American Nursing Association, American Bar Association, American Academy of Physician Assistants, American Society for Clinical Pathology, College of American Pathologists, Emergency Medical Services, Federal Emergency Management Agency, International Association for Continuing Education and Training, Pennsylvania Coroner's Education Board, Peace Officer Standards and Training (or equivalent), US Department of Homeland Security and post secondary institutions recognized by national educational accrediting agencies. All courses must be relevant to the field of medicolegal death investigation.
The opinions expressed by presenters ABMDI accredited courses are their own and may not reflect the opinions of the ABMDI.
For more information on the courses listed, click on the links provided.
You can also visit the following websites for more training opportunities. It is your responsibility before you sign up for one of these offerings to ensure that they offer CEs acceptable to ABMDI:
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- International Association of Coroners & Medical Examiners
- Masters 18 Advanced Death Investigator Training - August 5-8, 2019
- National Association of Medical Examiners
- National Transportation Safety Board Training Center
- Pennsylvania State Coroners' Education Board
- Public Agency Training Council
Course Accreditation Process
Seminars, workshops or conferences not approved by one of the designated approved agencies for continuing education credits can apply for approval through the ABMDI prior to the start of the course. All requests must be submitted at least sixty (60) days prior to the start date of the program.
All requests must include:
- The Course Accreditation Form, which can be found on the ABMDI website,
- A brochure or schedule of the conference, which must include actual hours of instruction,
- Curriculum vitae of each instructor,
- Course outlines or objectives for each lecture, and
- The required processing fee.
Re-accreditation for a previously approved course is required after a one year period. If material and instructors have changed, the new material must be provided.Course Accreditation Form - .pdf