Job Listing for Autopsy Technician 2 - Working Supervisor at William L. Jenkins Forensic Center
|Position||Autopsy Technician 2 - Working Supervisor|
|Agency||William L. Jenkins Forensic Center|
|Salary||$30,000 - $50,000 per year|
|Opening Date||Oct 23, 2017|
|Country||United States of America|
Under general supervision of the Director of Operations, the Autopsy Technician 2 will serve as a working supervisor who will oversee, plan and prioritize the work of autopsy technicians while performing the same and/or more complex duties of those being led. Duties to include but not limited to, supervising autopsy technicians, ensuring efficiency of work flow, assisting the pathologist in examining bodies and conducting autopsies. The Autopsy Technician 2 will maintain morgue and autopsy supplies/equipment, develop and implement policies and procedures. Position Contingent on outside funding.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles of a working supervisor.
- Knowledge of human anatomy/physiology, and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of lab techniques and lab safety.
- Knowledge of evidence preservation and collection principles.
- Skill in completing documentation and paperwork related to work assignment.
- Skill in evisceration techniques.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and possess the physical strength needed to lift, push, pull or carry objects of 50lbs without assistance and must be able to push, pull and tug bodies from autopsy table to autopsy table in excess of 400lbs with assistance; performs moderately labor intensive work.
- Ability to work with decedents in decomposed state and work in malodorous conditions.
- Ability to keep detailed records and produce detailed reports for management in regard to supply inventory and quality assurance measures.
- Ability to use an air purifying respirator by ETSU Health & Safety.
- Ability to work safely with chemical, biological, microbiological, pathogenic and other potential hazards.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written).
- Ability to be thorough and pay meticulous attention to detail when performing tasks and completing documentation.
- Ability to be open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
High school or equivalent. Three (3) years of forensic autopsy technician experience.
Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or forensic science with course work in anatomy and physiology preferred. Some supervisory experience is preferred.
Website to apply