Job Listing for Forensic Pathologist at University of Tennessee Health Science Center
|Agency||University of Tennessee Health Science Center|
|Country||United States of America|
Job Summary/Essential Job Functions: The Forensic Pathologist will perform functions of a medicolegal pathologist, performing post mortem examinations and associated work duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform primary functions of a forensic pathologist in accordance with industry standards to determine manner and cause of death in medical examiner cases.
2. Maintains all required licenses and accreditations consistent with the industry standards.
3. Maintains individual continuing medical education and assures compliance with licensing and certification requirements.
4. Assists in the training of new forensic pathologists, residents and assists with the educational programs with participating agencies.
5. Reports to scenes of investigation when requested and leads investigators in the management of the investigation.
6. Works closely with consultants when needed for forensic pathology services such as odontology, toxicology, histology, etc.
7. Provides expert testimony in criminal and civil court as requested
8. Must be able to provide reports and data in a comprehensive format.
REQUIREMENTS: MD or DO degree; Completion of a residency in anatomic and clinical pathology (preferred) or anatomic pathology and a fellowship in forensic pathology; Board certification in forensic pathology must be completedof hiring; Must become licensed in the state of Tennessee prior to starting work
1. Knowledge of the rules and regulations affecting the operation of the Medical Examiner’s office.
2. Knowledge of agency policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of professional standards in forensic pathology.
4. Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development sufficient to ensure organizational productivity.
5. Skills in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational goals.
6. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees.