Continuing Education Opportunities
The ABMDI accepts continuing education that is approved by the AMA, ANA, ABA, POST, and post secondary institutions recognized by national educational accrediting agencies.
For more information on the courses listed below, click on the links provided.
You can also visit the following websites for more training opportunities. It is your responsibility before you sign up for one of these offerings to ensure that they offer CEs acceptable to ABMDI:
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- Public Agency Training Council
- National Transportation Safety Board Training Center
- Pennsylvania State Coroners' Education Board
- Southern Institute of Forensic Science
- All five-day courses are accredited within the state that they are conducted, but not all seminars and workshops are P.O.S.T accredited.
- Crisis Prevention Institute--Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training Program
- National Association of Medical Examiners
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Forensic Training Services Inc.
- It is up to the individual attending a FTS conference to confirm that POST accreditation is valid and to provide that documentation to the ABMDI.
- Forensic Science Seminar- New Mexico Office of Medical Investigator - October 20-22, 2009
- International Association of Coroners & Medical Examininers
Course Accreditation Form - .pdf