American Board of Medicolegal Death Investigators
Deputy Coroner - Full Time (Will County, IL)
JOB TITLE: Deputy Coroner - Full Time
DUTIES & BACKGROUND:
Provide support to Will County Coroner’s Office by responding to death scenes, filling out reports, facilitating body removals, notifications, assisting at autopsies, and perform other duties as assigned by the Coroner and/or supervisor.
$16.8146 / hour; Annual Salary - $36,723
Deputy Coroner Step 1 – Collective Bargaining Agreement - County of Will Executive Branch & AFSCME Local 1028
- Prior experience as a medico-legal death investigator strongly preferred
- Minimum Associate’s degree in related field required or minimum of five (5) years verifiable prior experience in related field of death investigation will be considered
- Ability to demonstrate discretion, tact and diplomacy with general public
- Flexible schedule with ability to work overtime as required
- Valid Illinois drivers license and valid car insurance required
- Will County residency will be required
DEPARTMENT: Will County Coroner’s Office
LOCATION: 57 N. Ottawa Street, Suite 412, Joliet, IL 60432
APPLY TO:Robert Brenczewski, Chief Deputy Coroner
57 N. Ottawa Street, Suite 412, Joliet, IL 60432
All applicants are subject to a criminal background check,
post-offer/pre-employment drug test and physical.
Completed Will County Employment Application and Resume may be submitted by mail, fax or hand delivered. Only interviewed candidates will be notified of the selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Office: (815) 727-8455 Fax: (815) 727-8816
57 N. Ottawa Street, Suite 412 Joliet, Illinois 60432
Next page: Death Investigation Guidelines